1. Which side of the road should I drive on in Buenos Aires?
In Argentina, including Buenos Aires, vehicles drive on the right-hand side of the road.
2. What are the speed limits for driving in Buenos Aires?
In Buenos Aires, speed limits vary by road type and location. In the city centre, speed should not exceed 60 km/h. On suburban roads, the speed limit is generally 70-80 km/h and on motorways it is a maximum of 120-130 km/h.
3. Are there any specific driving rules in Argentina?
Yes, there are several rules including; no turning right at red lights, giving way to vehicles approaching from your right at roundabouts
4. Is an international driving licence required for driving campervan in Buenos Aires and across Argentina?
Yes, an international driving licence is recommended for non-residents who intend to drive in Argentina. Also, the driver must be at least 21 years old.
5. Are speed cameras common in Buenos Aires and Argentina?
Yes, speed cameras are becoming increasingly common on highways as well as in the city of Buenos Aires.
6. Are there many toll roads around Buenos Aires and Argentina?
Yes, Argentina has a network of toll roads, particularly on highways leading in and out of Buenos Aires.
7. What are the rules for parking in Buenos Aires?
In Buenos Aires, it's important to observe signs for parking restrictions. Some central areas require payment at parking meters Monday to Friday.
8. Are campervans allowed to be parked anywhere in Buenos Aires?
No, campervans are not permitted to park everywhere. It's recommended to find recognised campsite or designated parking areas.
9. Is it difficult to drive campervan in Buenos Aires due to traffic?
Buenos Aires, like any bustling city, can be challenging to drive in, especially during peak hours. Planning your journey can help avoid heavy traffic.
10. Are there specific traffic regulations concerning campervans in Buenos Aires?
While there are not regulations specific to campervans, all general driving laws apply, including speed limits and parking restrictions.
11. How should I handle intersections in Buenos Aires?
At intersections, the vehicle approaching from the right has the right of way, unless otherwise signposted.
12. Do I need to worry about wildlife on the road while driving in Argentina?
Provincial roads especially in the Patagonia region sometimes crosses wildlife habitats, so drivers should be cautious at dawn and dusk.
13. How does the highway system work in Argentina?
Argentina has an extensive highway system which leads to all corners of the country. There are both toll and toll-free routes available.
14. Do I need to carry any specific documentation while driving in Buenos Aires?
It is mandatory to carry your driving licence, car hire papers and also proof of car insurance whilst driving in Argentina.
15. What should I do in case of an accident when renting a campervan in Buenos Aires?
If you're involved in an accident, it's mandatory to notify the police and the campervan hire company as soon as possible.