1. What is the maximum speed limit when driving a campervan in Krakow?
The speed limit for campervans in built-up areas is typically 50 km/h unless stated otherwise. On expressways and highways, the limit is usually 90 km/h and 110 km/h respectively.
2. What type of driving licence is necessary to drive a campervan in Poland?
A valid EU or international driving licence is required to drive a campervan in Poland. Ensure your licence category allows you to drive your specific type of campervan.
3. Are there many speed radars in Krakow?
Yes, speed radars are common in Krakow and across Poland. Continuous adherence to speed limits is advisable to avoid penalties.
4. Is Krakow a city with many toll zones?
There are several toll roads in and around Krakow. It's advisable to have cash or card at hand, as some toll points may not accept electronic payments.
5. What are the basic rules of driving in Krakow?
When driving in Krakow and Poland, adhere to the right-hand traffic rule, respect speed limits, pedestrian crossings and keep safety distance.
6. How are campervan parking zones in Krakow?
Many accommodation places in Krakow have space for campervan parking. There are also dedicated campervan parking zones available.
7. Is peak hour traffic heavy in Krakow?
Like many cities, Krakow experiences heavy traffic congestions during rush hours - usually in the morning and late afternoon.
8. Are there special safety rules for driving a campervan?
General traffic rules apply, but additional precautions should be taken due to the campervan's size and speed. Keep extra distance from vehicles and strictly adhere to campervan related rules in specific zones.
9. On which side of the road does one drive in Poland?
In Poland, one drives on the right side of the road.
10. Are there areas in Krakow where driving a campervan is restricted?
Driving is restricted in Krakow's Old Town. You are advised to check local regulations or with your campervan hiring company for specific restrictions.
11. Does Poland have frequent roadside checks?
Roadside checks by the police are frequent. Ensure you have valid driving documents and your vehicle is properly equipped.
12. Do I need to pay for parking in Krakow?
Parking in Krakow is often paid especially in city centre. There are also free parking zones available. Be sure to check parking signs.
13. What's the average driving speed in the city?
The average driving speed in Krakow's city centre is typically less than 50 km/h due to traffic and pedestrian prevalence.
14. Are there special lanes dedicated to campervans?
There are no specific lanes for campervans. They use the same lanes as other vehicles.
15. What to do in case of a breakdown in Krakow?
In case your campervan breaks down, it is advisable to move off the road if possible, signal to other drivers and contact your roadside assistance service or campervan hire company.