1. What is the general speed limit in Malaga?
The speed limit in Malaga varies depending on the type of road. In urban areas, it's typically 50km/h. On major highways, it can be near 120km/h.
2. Where can I legally park my campervan?
You should park on designated areas for campervans. There are several campervan parks in Malaga where you can park and stay overnight.
3. Do I need a special driving license to drive a campervan in Malaga?
No, a standard B driving license is enough to drive a campervan in Malaga, as long as its maximum authorised weight does not exceed 3,500kg.
4. Are there many speed radars in Malaga?
Yes, there is a regular presence of speed radars in and around Malaga, especially on the major highways.
5. Are there toll roads in Malaga?
Yes, there are toll roads in some parts of Malaga and throughout Spain. However, most city areas and some major highways are toll-free.
6. What important driving rules should I abide by in Malaga?
General principles are to respect speed limits, not to ignore traffic signs, to give priority to pedestrians, and not to park illegally.
7. Are there safety rules I should be aware of while driving a campervan?
Yes, seat belts are mandatory for all passengers, children should be in a child seat according to their height/weight, and you should respect the load limits of your vehicle.
8. How heavy can my campervan be?
The maximum weight will depend on the specific campervan model but remember your B license allows you to drive a vehicle with a maximum weight of 3,500kg.
9. Which side of the road do I drive on in Malaga?
In Malaga, as in the rest of Spain, you should drive on the right-hand side of the road.
10. Are parking spaces in Malaga easily available?
In city spots, it can be challenging to find a parking space, especially during peak tourist seasons. However, there are several parking facilities and campervan parks that offer plenty of space.
11. How are traffic conditions typically in Malaga?
Malaga, being a popular tourist destination, experiences heavy traffic during the peak season. Plan your travel schedule accordingly.
12. Are seatbelts mandatory in a campervan?
Yes, using seatbelts is mandatory for everyone inside the campervan, both when driving and as a passenger.
13. What other documents should I carry other than my driver's license?
You should carry your passport and the vehicle registration documents at all times when driving the campervan.
14. Can I drive my campervan in restricted traffic areas?
No, you can't drive in areas where vehicle access is restricted, such as some zones in the city centre. Look out for prohibitory signs and follow the local traffic rules.
15. What happens if I exceed the speed limit?
Exceeding the speed limit can result in large fines and penalties, including the loss of driving points or even suspension of your driving license.