1. Which side of the road do drivers in Hampshire use?
In Hampshire, as in the rest of the United Kingdom, drivers operate on the left-hand side of the road.
2. What are the speed limits for driving a campervan in Hampshire?
The speed limits for driving a campervan in Hampshire usually are: 30 mph (48 km/h) in built-up areas, 60 mph (97 km/h) on single carriageways, and 70 mph (113 km/h) on dual carriageways and motorways.
3. Are there any special driving licences needed to drive a campervan in Hampshire?
Your current driving licence may be sufficient, but it really depends on where it was issued and the size and type of the campervan. It's always best to check with the campervan hire company.
4. Are there CCTV cameras or speed cameras in Hampshire?
Yes, there are both CCTV cameras for general surveillance and fixed and mobile speed cameras to monitor speed compliance in Hampshire.
5. Are there any toll roads in Hampshire?
There are no toll roads in Hampshire itself. However, there could be charges for some tunnels, bridges and some private roads in the wider region.
6. What driving rules should I be aware of in Hampshire?
Standard UK driving rules apply in Hampshire. You should adhere to speed limits, obey traffic signs and signals, and never drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
7. Where can I park a campervan in Hampshire?
There are numerous designated parking areas for campervans around Hampshire. Many of these provide facilities such as electricity and water, and some even have waste disposal. Check local council websites for details.
8. Where are the service stations in Hampshire?
Service stations, including those for fuel and food, are common along major routes in Hampshire. Many of these are open 24 hours.
9. Do I need to account for any specific safety rules for driving a campervan in Hampshire?
Standard road safety rules apply, but pay extra attention while manoeuvring a campervan due to its size. Also, ensure that all items inside the campervan are firmly secured before driving.
10. What should I do in case of a breakdown in Hampshire?
If you experience a breakdown, move the campervan safely off the road if possible. Contact your campervan hire company for further advice, or a recovery service if necessary.
11. How is the condition of roads in Hampshire?
The general condition of roads in Hampshire is good but expect occasional pot holes on minor routes. Major roads and motorways are maintained regularly and well sign-posted.
12. Are there any restrictions in driving a campervan in Hampshire?
There should be no special restrictions for driving a campervan in Hampshire. However parking overnight might be restricted in some places. Always check the local signs.
13. Is it allowed to overtake on highways in Hampshire?
Overtaking is generally allowed in Hampshire, unless otherwise signposted. Always look out for others and be patient whilst overtaking, especially with the larger size of the campervan.
14. Can I use a GPS device in Hampshire?
GPS devices are generally allowed in Hampshire. However, always ensure that any GPS device is securely mounted so that it does not obstruct your view of the road.
15. Are there any regulations regarding disabled drivers in Hampshire?
Yes, disabled drivers are provided with special parking permits in Hampshire, apart from other allowances in compliance with the UK's Disability Discrimination Act regulations.