1. On which side of the road should I drive in Rheinfelden?
In Rheinfelden, as well as in the entire country, you should drive on the right-hand side of the road.
2. What is the speed limit in Rheinfelden?
The speed limit in urban areas, including Rheinfelden, is typically 50km/h. On national roads, the limit is usually 100km/h, and on autobahns, it´s usually 130km/h.
3. Do I need a special driving licence to operate a campervan in Rheinfelden?
Standard Class B licence is accepted for driving most campervans. But it´s always advisable to check the specific requirements with the campervan hire provider.
4. Are there radar systems for speed limit enforcement on Rheinfelden roads?
Yes, the authorities use both fixed and mobile radar systems to enforce speed limits on roads across Rheinfelden.
5. Are there toll roads in Rheinfelden?
There are no specific toll roads in Rheinfelden, but there is a motorway toll for heavy vehicles over 3.5 tonnes.
6. What are the basic driving rules in Rheinfelden?
You should always follow the indications given by road signs, speed limits, and traffic lights. Abide by the priority to the right rule unless otherwise indicated by traffic signs.
7. Where can I park my campervan in Rheinfelden?
In Rheinfelden, campervan parking is allowed on public parking spaces unless otherwise indicated. There are also dedicated motorhome sites with additional facilities.
8. Can I sleep in my campervan anywhere I want in Rheinfelden?
Overnight stops in rest areas are generally allowed for the purpose of restoring fitness to drive. However, a longer stay (camping) is not allowed unless in designated areas.
9. What is the rule when approaching a roundabout in Rheinfelden?
In Rheinfelden, as well as in the whole country, vehicles already in a roundabout have priority over those entering it.
10. How about safety measures while operating a campervan in Rheinfelden?
While driving, always ensure everyone is seated in their own seat with seat belts fastened when the vehicle is in motion. Overtake other vehicles from the left side only.
11. Are there restrictions in certain zones in Rheinfelden?
Environmental zones, where certain emissions standards must be met, exist in some areas. A sticker indicating your vehicle's emissions category may be needed to drive in these areas.
12. Are there restrictions in driving in the city centre?
Most city centres including Rheinfelden are free to all traffic, but parking can be limited. It's always better to plan and find parking spaces outside and utilise public transport where possible.
13. What happens if my campervan breaks down on the road in Rheinfelden?
If a breakdown occurs, switch on your hazard warning lights and set up the breakdown triangle 200 metres behind your vehicle to warn other drivers. Then call the emergency number provided by your hire company.
14. Can I use my overseas driver´s licence to drive a campervan in Rheinfelden?
Most overseas driving licenses are accepted in Rheinfelden, but it´s advisable to have an international driving permit in addition to your home country's license, especially if your license is not in English.
15. Are there specific instructions for driving a campervan in winter conditions in Rheinfelden?
Rheinfelden roads can be slippery in winter. Winter tyres are compulsory from November up to and including 15 April in case of snow, ice or frost on the roads. Always check weather reports before setting off.