1. What side of the road do you drive in San Jose?
In San Jose and throughout the country, drivers must keep to the right side of the road.
2. What are the speed limits for an RV?
The limit in urban areas is usually 25 mph, suburban areas 35 mph, and highways between 55 -70 mph but this can vary, always check signage.
3. Is International Driving Permit (IDP) accepted?
Yes, a foreign license along with a valid IDP is accepted for up to 90 days.
4. What are the rules for parking an RV in San Jose?
RVs are allowed in designated areas only, overnight parking in public areas isn´t generally permitted.
5. Are there many toll roads in San Jose?
There are several toll roads and bridges around and within San Jose.
6. How are road signs in this country?
Most road signs use international symbols but some are in Spanish, so having a basic understanding can be useful.
7. Are there lots of traffic in San Jose?
Traffic can be heavy, particularly at peak hours, in the city areas. It's advisable to plan your routes ahead.
8. Are there any specific driving rules I should be aware of?
Always stop for school buses when they´re picking up or dropping off children. Also, undertaking is not permitted.
9. Is roadside assistance provided?
Yes, most RV rental companies provide roadside assistance service as part of their package.
10. How prevalent are radar systems?
Radar systems are quite common on highways and in cities. Mobile speed cameras are also used.
11. Are there specific rules for driving RVs?
RV should not exceed their maximum allowed weight and must observe all posted road signs especially bridge heights and weight restrictions.
12. Can I park my RV anywhere I want?
No, RVs can only be parked at designated campgrounds and RV parks.
13. Is there a minimum age to drive an RV?
Most rental companies require drivers to be at least 21 years old with a full year of driving experience. Some may require the driver to be 25.
14. How easy is it to find gas stations?
Gas stations are widely accessible in the city areas and along the highways. It's recommended to plan your fuel stops on long trips.
15. Are there any restrictions on where RVs can go?
Some roads may be inaccessible to RVs due to their weight or height. Always check signage and local restrictions before you start your journey.