1. What is the speed limit in Philadelphia?
The speed limit within the city of Philadelphia is generally 25 miles per hour unless otherwise posted. On highways, it can range from 55 - 65 miles per hour.
2. Can I use my non-US driver´s license to drive in Philadelphia?
Yes, you can, but it is recommended you also carry an international driving permit which is in English and has a photo
3. How intense is the traffic in Philadelphia?
Philadelphia traffic can be quite heavy, especially during the morning and evening peak hours.
4. Is radar detection equipment legal in Philadelphia?
No, it is not legal to use radar detection equipment in Philadelphia or anywhere else in the state of Pennsylvania.
5. Are there many toll roads in and around Philadelphia?
Yes, many major highways in and around Philadelphia require a toll. Be sure to carry cash or a credit card, or consider getting an E-ZPass.
6. Where can I find RV dedicated parking lots in Philadelphia?
Several locations in the city provide RV parking, including some Penn's Landing lots and Sedgley Woods area.
7. Are there any specific driving rules in Philadelphia I should be aware of?
Yes, no turns on red are allowed unless posted, and you must yield to pedestrians and bicyclists. Also, you are required to stop for school buses when lights are flashing.
8. On which side of the road do cars drive in Philadelphia?
Cars in Philadelphia drive on the right side of the road.
9. How well marked are the roads in Philadelphia?
Roads and exits are generally well marked. However, congested areas can be confusing, so it's recommended to use GPS or a map.
10. Are there specific laws related to RVs in Philadelphia?
While there aren't specific rules for RVs, ensure your vehicle is not impeding traffic flow if its size is considerable. Also, be aware of properly parking your RV; do not park in restricted areas.
11. Are there any restrictions on where I can travel with my RV in the country?
Certain areas in national parks, state parks, and city streets may have size restrictions for RVs or simply prohibit them. Always check before planning your route.
12. How strict are traffic cops in Philadelphia?
Like any city, Philadelphia traffic cops enforce rules for safety. Violations like speeding can result in a citation.
13. What are the rules about parking overnight in RVs?
In Philadelphia, specific rules may vary, so it's best to park in designated RV parks or areas where overnight parking is explicitly permitted.
14. Can I drive my RV into downtown Philadelphia?
Yes, but navigating narrow and crowded streets can be challenging. It's generally easier to park on the outskirts and use public transport.
15. What should I do in case of an accident in my RV?
Immediately notify the police and your RV rental company. Also, make sure to acquire the contact information of any other involved parties or witnesses.