1. Which side of the road is driven on in Larne?
In Larne, like the rest of the UK, you are required to drive on the left hand side of the road.
2. What's the speed limit for a campervan in Larne?
The speed limit for campervans in Larne can vary depending on where you are driving. In built-up areas, it's usually 30mph, while on single carriageway roads it's 50mph and on dual carriageways and motorways it's 60mph.
3. Are there any specific driving rules I should be aware of?
Yes, the UK has strict rules about using mobile phones and seatbelts while driving, and there are harsh penalties for drink driving. Also, be aware of pedestrians as they often have right of way.
4. What kind of licence do I need to drive a campervan in Larne?
If your driving licence is from the UK, EU or EEA you can drive in Larne. Those with licences from countries outside the EU and EEA may be able to drive in the UK for up to 12 months, check with DVLA for more details.
5. Are there speed cameras in Larne?
Yes, like most towns in the UK, there are speed cameras around Larne to ensure road safety. Over-speeding can result in fines and penalty points on your licence.
6. Are there many traffic jams in Larne?
As with any popular tourist destination, traffic can be heavier during peak holiday periods. Make sure to plan your route in advance and factor in potential delays.
7. Are there toll roads around Larne?
There are no toll roads in Northern Ireland, so you won't need to pay to use any roads around Larne. However, bear in mind that regulations differ in other parts of the UK.
8. Where can I park my campervan in Larne?
There are dedicated parking spaces for campervans throughout Larne. Remember to use only marked parking spots, and avoid parking in residential areas overnight without permission.
9. Can I drive my campervan in pedestrian zones?
No, pedestrian zones are strictly off-limits to all motorised vehicles including campervans. Always check road signs for restrictions.
10. Is it easy to find petrol stations in Larne?
Yes, there are several petrol stations in and around Larne, many of which are open 24 hours.
11. What should I do if I have a breakdown in Larne?
If your campervan breaks down in Larne, pull over safely and call your breakdown service provider. Make sure you have a warning triangle in your vehicle to alert other drivers.
12. How do roundabouts work in Larne?
When approaching a roundabout in Larne, always give way to traffic approaching from your right. Remember to signal your intentions clearly.
13. Are child safety seats required in campervans?
Yes, UK law requires all children under 12 years old or 135cm tall to use a child safety seat. Make sure you have the appropriate child seats for your passengers.
14. What's the age limit to drive a campervan?
You have to be at least 21 years old to drive a campervan, and some rental companies might set the age limit higher or require additional insurance for young drivers.
15. What do I do in case of a traffic accident in Larne?
First, ensure everyone's safety, then exchange contact and insurance details with the other driver. Report the accident to the police within 24 hours, even if the damage is minor, and inform your campervan hire company.