1. Which side of the road should I drive on in Newcastle?
In Newcastle and the entirety of the UK, you should drive on the left side of the road.
2. What is the standard speed limit in Newcastle?
Speed limits can vary. In built-up areas it is usually 30 mph, single carriageways have a limit of 60 mph, and dual carriageways and motorways have a maximum speed limit of 70 mph.
3. Can I drive in Newcastle with my foreign driving licence?
Yes. Foreigners can use their home country driving license for up to 12 months from when they last entered the UK.
4. Are there any specific driving rules that I should be aware of in Newcastle?
Always drive on the left hand side, and overtake only on the right. It is compulsory for all passengers in the car to wear a seatbelt. At roundabouts, give way to vehicles approaching from your right.
5. Where can I park my campervan in Newcastle?
Newcastle has several designated locations where you can park your campervan. It´s essential to park in an authorised area to avoid fines.
6. How frequently are speeding cameras used in Newcastle?
Speeding cameras are quite prevalent in Newcastle and throughout the UK. They are used to enforce speed limitations and ensure road safety.
7. Are there toll roads in Newcastle?
There are very few toll roads in the UK. However, you might encounter some when you travel outside of Newcastle.
8. How is the traffic in Newcastle?
Newcastle may have busy traffic during the morning and evening rush hours, but generally, it is quite manageable.
9. Are there any special regulations for driving a campervan in Newcastle?
Similar to other vehicles, campervans should adhere to speed limits, parking rules, and other road regulations. Certain car parks may have height restrictions that could impact campervans.
10. Does Newcastle have a Low-Emission Zone?
Yes, Newcastle has a Clear Air Zone affecting certain types of vehicles based on EU emission standards.
11. I`m visiting Newcastle for the first time, any driving tips?
Focus on understanding road signs and markings. Remember that in roundabouts, vehicles coming from the right have priority.
12. How can I pay for parking in Newcastle?
You can pay for parking in Newcastle using cash, debit/credit card or via mobile apps depending upon the parking facility.
13. Can I drive my campervan on any road in Newcastle?
Yes, as long as you adhere to height and weight restrictions that some roads might have.
14. Is there a maximum driving age in Newcastle?
No, there is no maximum driving age in Newcastle. However, drivers over 70 need to renew their driving licence every three years.
15. Can I sleep in my campervan anywhere in Newcastle?
No. You should only camp in designated camping areas or places where it´s legally allowed.